Bringing Access to Life: Assistive Devices for Anyone
The library now has a collection of assistive devices available for checkout. The purpose of this collection is to enable you to evaluate devices for personal use, or to temporarily replace a lost or damaged personal device.
- Search the catalog to see the assistive devices available for checkout.
- View a description and photo of each item.
- Pick up a printed catalog at any branch.
- You must have a library card to place a hold in the catalog to reserve your device.
- Checkout is for three weeks only–no renewals.
- Items must be returned to the branch. Please do not return in the book drop.
These devices are organized into categories:
To borrow these devices please follow the links provided for each device. For questions or assistance with the borrowing process, including placing holds or all other borrowing policies, please contact the library directly.
This collection is made possible by a Library Services and Technology Act grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services administered by the South Carolina State Library.