Interlibrary Loan (ILL) provides access to books and articles outside of our library collection. Anyone with a KCL library card that is currently active, with no outstanding fines or fees, may request an item through our interlibrary loan service.
Are there any fees for ILL?
- Postage for returning the item(s) to the lending library is required
- Postage is based on the US Postal Service rate and the weight of the item(s)
- All postage fees are due upon receipt of the item(s)
- Postage will be charged to the borrower if an item is not picked up
Are the due dates the same for ILLs and KCL items? Can they be renewed?
- Due dates are set by the lending library
- Renewals may be requested at least one week ahead of the due date
- Lenders may or may not extend the loan
How do I know which items are from ILL?
- An informational sleeve is attached to each item and must be on the item when it is returned
- ILL items must be returned inside a KCL library and not placed in the book drop
- ILLs are listed on a borrower record with “ILL” at the beginning of the title
What may be borrowed?
- Fiction and nonfiction books for all ages
- Books must have a copyright date that is at least two years prior to ordering
- Periodical articles may be requested if they conform to the U.S. Copyright Law
What may not be borrowed?
- Items owned by KCL or SC Lends
- Bestsellers and new items with a copyright date within the last two years
- Any items deemed rare, valuable, or a reference title
- Most genealogical and local history materials are deemed rare or reference materials
- Entire issues of periodicals
For more information, please contact:
Cris Wilson, 803-425-1508, email@example.com